Bank South Pacific advises that hoax emails are in circulation. Although they may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and have not been sent by BSP. Do not click on, or follow any links contained in these emails
BSP does not send emails informing you that your account will have limited access nor does it send emails requesting you to disclose confidential banking information. Should you receive and email you believe to be a hoax, please email it to BSP at email@example.com. If possible, avoid using the "forward" feature in your email program. Rather, send the hoax email as an attachment. You will receive a response from us confirming receipt of your email.
If you suspect you have received a hoax email:
- Do not click on, following any links or provide any information requested.
- Send the suspected hoax email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that your Virus and Spyware software is up to date.
- Delete the email immediately from your inbox and Deleted Items folder.
- If you click on a link in the email, perform a full security scan of your computer (i.e. viruses, spyware and trojans).